There are several medical emergencies that people experience in their day today life. So, let’s learn about some of the most common medical emergencies:
Generally bleeding occurs because of cuts or wounds, but there are some injuries which causes internal bleeding that one cannot see from outside.
Though all bleeding emergencies don’t require medical treatment and can be treated by first aid only. But there are some bleeding conditions that need special medical care or urgent medical attention, such as:
- Uncontrollable bleeding even after first aid treatment
- Any object exists in the wound or the wound is too deep
- When tissue or bone is visible
- Because of huge amount of blood loss the injured person started appearing pale and feeling unwell & dizzy or lose consciousness
- Breathing Difficulties
Breathing difficulties are caused because of several reasons like: asthma attacks, coughs & colds or allergic reaction.
General breathlessness occurs during physical activity like exercise, but if the comes suddenly or unexpectedly, then it is a warning sign.
The common breathing difficulty symptoms are:
- Experiencing pain while taking deep breaths or sensing tight chest
- Inability to catch breath or feeling short of breath
- Abnormal breathing i.e. either shallower or faster
- Breathing shallower or faster than normal
- Noisy breathing which may include whistle or wheeze gasp
- If someone feels panicked then also they can affect their breathing
Therefore, always try keeping the situations calm.
- Someone Collapses
When someone collapses, then they need immediate medical attention because this may affect their levels of consciousness or breathing.
There are numerous reasons behind someone’s collapse and only medical professional can accurately assess that.
- Fits or Epileptic Seizures
People who diagnosed epilepsy may suffer from fits or seizures, but sometimes it also occurs to those people who never diagnosed epilepsy.
An uncontrollable and involuntary jerking, shaking or twitching of all or part of body is the major symptom of a fit or seizure. In some cases there is no or minimal body movement and the patient appear to look into space. And that time the patient does not respond even when someone speaks to them.
Always remember you should not move or try to stop the person who is having a fit or seizure, unless it is a very dangerous situation because it may adversely affects the patient. In this type of situation medical attention is the only best option.
- Severe Pain
Time to time everyone experiences aches or pains in different ways, as per their pain threshold. It may occur because of any injury or illness and can increase with time.
Severe pains are more intense and stops people to continue their normal daily activities. Pain relievers can offer temporary relive but for correct assess and treatment you must go for expert medical advice.
- Heart Attack
A very serious life threatening medical emergency is heart attack, in this situation, the blood supply to heart suddenly blocks.
It generally occurs in adults but sometimes it may happen to children and teenagers.
Some common heart attack symptoms are:
- Chest pain, including pressure sensation, squeezing or tightness in the centre of chest
- Radiating pain in left arm travelling from chest to arm. Sometimes, both arms, jaw, neck, back & stomach also gets affected
- Breathing difficulties or shortness of breath
- Feeling sick
- Feeling dizzy
- Irresistible sense of anxiety or doom
- Although one of the most common sign of having a heart attack is severe chest pain, but sometimes people don’t experience pain, they experience discomfort just like indigestion.
This generally happens more to diabetes, elderly or women.
Another serious life-threatening medical condition is stroke which cuts off the blood supply to part of the brain.
This may be because of any blood clot or any bleed in the brain.
The most significant thing for someone who had a stroke is time. The quicker they receive emergency medical treatment, the more chance of durable damage can be reduced.
For any type of medical emergency services contact us we are Aloka Medicare the best diagnostic centre in Kolkata.